The consortium of Italian manufacturers is particularly concerned with the economic-business problems of our Marche region, carefully attending to the phenomenon of internationalization and relocation of local companies mainly artisans. The main foreign countries planned and considered to be of special interest were Syria, Egypt and China and others were still considered important.
- In the former country, the consortium helped in June 1999 to have a very important cooperation agreement signed, for the marketing with exclusivity for all of Europe, of leather goods and clothing, manufactured by companies that are part of the Arab Union for Leather Industry (comprising 15 Arab producing countries).
- In the same country, the consortium established a company with 100 percent Italian capital in Damascus in February 200. The third Italian company in Syria with such characteristics, given the many local difficulties in regard to references and accreditations of various kinds essential for this purpose. The previous Italian companies established there were Fiat and Ansaldo. The Italian company represented by the consortium was the first operating in Syria in the FASHION sector, (footwear to be precise). The headquarters of that Italian company was inaugurated in Damascus, in the presence of then ns/Foreign Minister Hon. Piero Fassino on a mission chaired by former permier Hon. Massimo D'alema.
- In Egypt since June 2000, the consortium has introduced several footwear manufacturing companies from the Marche region, achieving the signing of a very important JOINT Venture contract with leading Egyptian partners. The signing of the contract itself was also attended with great interest by the Ministers of Foreign Trade of the two countries represented (Hon. Piero Fassino and Hon. Boutros Ghali).
- The Firm the consortium promoted in Civitanova Marche on 10/03/2005, under the patronage of the municipality itself, an important conference for cooperation between local companies and associations and the consul of Usbekistan Dr. Timur Rakhimov. During the meeting, the consul declared his willingness to grant in his country adequate operational facilities to facilitate meetings between local and Italian operators, with the aim of increasing both production and marketing activities of the footwear product, "Italian model."
- On 03/26/2006 the consortium organized a meeting-geminar at the Municipality of Civitanova Marche to implement business exchanges with the city of Skavina and the entire province of Krakow (Poland). In addition to political representatives from Civitanova Marche, the meeting was also attended with great interest by the main business associations of the Macerata area, and it was agreed to implement a concrete cultural as well as economic exchange between entrepreneurs and entities of the two nations.
- At the consortium located in Civitanova Marche, an important conference for business collaboration was held on 04/24/2006 with Dr. Hechmi Chtmen, from the Tunisian government's agency for the promotion of foreign investment in Italy. Representatives of artisan associations, cooperatives and consortia as well as the local banking and business world, among others, participated. At this meeting, meetings and plans for cooperation agreements between Italian companies and businesses from Maghreb Morocco and Egypt were scheduled. New opportunities for Italian investment were also sought.
- In China, the consortium has had major cooperation contracts (production and sales in Europe) signed over the past few years between some entrepreneurs from the Marche region and Chinese manufacturers (footwear sector).
- Other countries in which the consortium is preparing and implementing trade and cooperation contracts are : Ukraine - Belarus - Vietnam - India and the Philippines. This is thanks to the close cooperation with local industrialists of Italian professionals there.